Subject: Re: [PATCH] igb: add a method to get the nic hw time stamping policy

From: Richard Cochran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 06:31:40 +0200

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:12:36AM +0800, Dong Zhu wrote:
> 
> Can I use the 'flags' which members of hwtstamp_config to judge the
> ioctl request instead ? If not could you plz give me a new way to
> resolve this issue ?

You could use the flags field, as it has no definition yet.

But you still need to explain why this new functionality is needed in
the first place:

- You can query an interface's time stamping capabilities with the
  GET_TS_INFO ethtool command.

- You can choose a setting with SIOCSHWTSTAMP.

What more do you need?

Thanks,
Richard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
"Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and 
their applications. This 200-page book is written by three acclaimed 
leaders in the field. The early access version is available now. 
Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/neotech_d2d_may
_______________________________________________
E1000-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/e1000-devel
To learn more about Intel&#174; Ethernet, visit http://communities.intel.com/community/wired