Subject: Re: [patch] ipvs: info leak in __ip_vs_get_dest_entries()

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:33:14 +0300

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 06:03:27PM -0700, Simon Horman wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 12:00:49PM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> > The entry struct has a 2 byte hole after ->port and another 4 byte
> > hole after ->stats.outpkts.  You must have CAP_NET_ADMIN in your
> > namespace to hit this information leak.
> 
> Hi Dan,
> 
> can I verify that it is actually possible to hit this and
> thus the patch is a -stable candidate?

This is a static checker fix.  To me it seems like it's obviously a
real info leak.

I'm not certain of the impact though.  CLONE_NEWNET requires
CAP_SYS_ADMIN but on the other hand people are making virtualization
products where they give everyone their own namespace with admin
privileges.

regards,
dan carpenter