Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 6/6] bonding: add an option to fail when any of arp_ip_target is inaccessible

From: Veaceslav Falico <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:42:52 +0200

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 08:16:24PM +0200, Veaceslav Falico wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 07:28:55PM +0200, Nikolay Aleksandrov wrote:
>>On 20/06/13 18:35, Veaceslav Falico wrote:
...snip...
>>>+		if (ind == 0 && targets[1] == 0 && bond->params.arp_validate) {
>>>+			pr_err("%s: can't remove last arp target if arp_validate is on\n",
>>>+				bond->dev->name);
>>>+			goto out;
>>>+		}
>>Can't I turn arp_validate off, then delete the last target and then turn
>>it on again ? Are you fixing the 0 first entry with this ?
>
>You can, it's a bug in bonding_store_arp_validate(), which also should be
>addressed, but I wouldn't like to address all the bugs in one patch, and
>this one is a great candidate for a standalone patch.
>

After some more feedback, thoughts and testing, I think I'll change it to
just pr_warning() - otherwise it might break existing scripts, if we fail.