Subject: qlcnic binary sysfs file abuse

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 17:29:49 -0700

Hi all,

I was doing a kernel-wide audit on all of the binary sysfs files, and
noticed a metric ton of them in the qlcnic driver.

The rules about binary sysfs files are that they can not be touched by
the kernel at all, they are "pass-through" directly to the hardware, and
it seems that this driver is not doing that properly.

It also seems that almost all of these files are merely "debugging"
files, but as I can't seem to find the relevant Documentation/ABI/
documentation for them, I can't be sure.

So, any objection to me just deleting these entirely?  Or, if they
really are needed, can I just move them to debugfs, which is where I
think they should have been from the beginning?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that the creation of these is totally racy, so I
really doubt that anyone is using them otherwise they would have noticed
this already.

thanks,

greg k-h