Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: convert mvneta to build_skb()

From: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:44:14 +0200

Dear Florian Fainelli,

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:52:44 +0100, Florian Fainelli wrote:

> > I still believe this is not the right fix, but unfortunately, I haven't
> > had the time to work on what would be the right fix. Hardware PHY
> > polling has been intentionally disabled, and the driver should work
> > without, since the PHY polling is done in software by the phylib.
> 
> You may now be able to use the PHY interrupt bit from your MAC
> interrupt handler and call phy_mac_interrupt() provided by libphy. I
> added it specifically to be able to use PHY link interrupts connected
> to the MAC.

Right, but the MAC feature in question makes the MAC directly talks to
the PHY to configure it, completely bypassing the entire libphy logic.
I am not sure how to handle this together with libphy.

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com