Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] netfilter: add SYNPROXY core/target

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 08:22:55 +0200

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 10:56:03PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 10:26:00PM +0200, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
> > On Wed,  7 Aug 2013 19:42:49 +0200
> > Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> > Besides when using net->proc_net_stat, then the first entry is usually
> > "entries" which is not percpu, this will likely confusing the tool:
> >   lnstat -f synproxy -c 42
> 
> I'll look into that.

Ok right, the first field must contains something that is not per-CPU.
Unfortunately I don't have anything to put there and I really don't want
to keep any global state. The two possibilities I see are:

- a dummy field
- the number of proxied connections, but not using a global counter but
  gathered by iterating over the entire conntrack hash.

Any opinions?