Subject: Re: [Linux-zigbee-devel] [PATCH] 6lowpan: handle only real link-local addresses

From: Werner Almesberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 07:24:36 -0300

David Miller wrote:
> You're submitting 7 patches, one set is numbered 1-6 and this
> one has no number.

The unnumbered patch is independent from the rest. But yes, he
shouldn't have sent it in the same thread.

To provide a bit of context, 6LoWPAN support in the kernel is
currently in an embarrassingly badly broken state. On a good day,
you can get ping to an RFC-compliant peer to work, sometimes even
both ways, but only as long as you use link-local addresses and
keep the payload small. Beyond that, it's all bugland.

Alexander thus started to fix the 6LoWPAN issues he and others,
myself included, had bumped into. It's a lot of changes for a
relatively small file (6lowpan.c) and later on he'll have at
least one more batch for fragmentation, but when all that is
done, we'll finally have a stack that can actually do real work.

Alexander, since you'll have to re-submit anyway, you may want to
add a

Reviewed-by: Werner Almesberger <[email-masked]>

to all the patches.

- Werner