Subject: Re: MASQUERADE/SNAT and multiple interfaces with the same IP

From: Florian Westphal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:18:26 +0200

Kristian Evensen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I added a pr_info() here to see when this function was called. It is
> triggered when the link goes down, as expected, but not when I just
> change the mark and move the flows to another interface. I still see
> the DESTROY/NEW-behavior though.

Yes, its handled by iptable_nat.c

> > Also, the nat core zaps conntracks when they are sent out on an
> > interface other than the original interface.
> >
> > See nf_nat_oif_changed() in iptable_nat.c
> 
> Thanks for letting me know, I will start looking into this function.
> Does this mean that even when using SNAT, the old mapping is deleted
> and a new created?

No.

> And does this event not notify conntrack?

It generates a destroy event.