Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/8] bonding: remove vlan special handling

From: Veaceslav Falico <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 22:33:47 +0200

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 06:28:45PM +0200, Veaceslav Falico wrote:
>The aim of this patchset is to remove bondings' own vlan handling as much
>as possible and replace it with the netdev upper device functionality.
>
>This is achieved by exporting the netdev_upper structure and thus permiting
>bonding to work directly with its upper devices. The only non-bonding
>change is the exporting of netdev_upper, and the only special treatment of
>vlans left is in the rlb mode.
>
>This patchset solves several issues with bonding, simplifies it overall,
>RCUify further and exports netdev_upper for any other users which might
>also want to get rid of its own vlan_lists.
>
>I'm testing it continuously currently, no issues found, will update on
>anything.

Self-NAK on the whole series, changed the upper device management approach,
as suggested by Jiri, and sent the new version.