Subject: Re: [nf-next PATCH] netfilter: Extend SYNPROXY with a --continue option

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:23:58 +0200

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:00:42 +0200
Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 05:26:55PM +0200, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
> > Packets reaching SYNPROXY are default dropped, as they are most likely
> > invalid (given the state matching).  In other configurations it might
> > be beneficial to let packet not consumed by SYNPROXY (SYN and ACK) to
> > continue being processed by the stack.
> > 
> > Introducing a --continue option/flag for the SYNPROXY target to allow
> > these unmatched packets to continue being processed.  This would also
> > help in debugging the module via LOG.
> 
> I don't think we should add an option for this. Just DROP packets consumed
> by the target and have the other ones continue.

I agree.  I'll send a new patch, defaulting to XT_CONTINUE.

Self:
Nacked-by: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]>
-- 
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer
  MSc.CS, Sr. Network Kernel Developer at Red Hat
  Author of http://www.iptv-analyzer.org
  LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brouer