Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/7] Drop support for Renesys H8/300 architecture

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:55:50 -0700

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 09:40:35AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> H8/300 has been dead for several years, the kernel for it has
> not compiled for ages, and recent versions of gcc for it are broken.
> It is time to drop support for it.
> 
> Yes, I understand it is not that simple to drop an architecture,
> and it may need some discussion, but someone has to put a stake
> into the ground. Keeping a virtually dead architecture on life support
> takes resources which are better spent elsewhere.

If this doesn't build, and no one is using it anymore, I agree, it
should be removed.  If someone wants to revive it, 'git revert' works
just fine.

You can put my:

Acked-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

on these patches, unless someone steps up to be the active maintainer of
the arch and gets it building/working again.

thanks,

greg k-h