Subject: Re: mvneta: oops in __rcu_read_lock on mirabox

From: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:35:49 +0200

Dear Ethan Tuttle,

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 23:30:56 -0700, Ethan Tuttle wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Next step should be that you test both kernels to be sure.
> 
> Thanks for the kernel images, Willy.  I'm still experimenting but
> initial results are strange: I haven't seen a crash from the -ethan
> image you provided, nor by a kernel with that config that I built
> myself.  The config is only different from my crashing config by a few
> options.  So perhaps some combination of options prevents the crash.
> I'll see if I can narrow it down.

A toolchain generating some crappy code maybe? Ethan, Willy, comparing
your toolchain (compiler version, origin of the toolchain) could be
interesting.

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com