Subject: Re: [PATCH tip/core/rcu 04/13] wireless: Apply rcu_access_pointer() to avoid sparse false positive

From: "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:26:08 -0700

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 06:48:23PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-09-24 at 18:35 -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > From: "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > The sparse checking for rcu_assign_pointer() was recently upgraded
> > to reject non-__kernel address spaces.  This also rejects __rcu,
> > which is almost always the right thing to do.  However, the uses in
> > cfg80211_combine_bsses() and cfg80211_bss_update() are legitimate:
> > They is assigning a pointer to an element from an RCU-protected list,
> [...]
> 
> 'They is'?  This error is also in the commit messsages for the bridge
> and mac80211 patches, and maybe others that weren't sent to netdev.

Good catch, fixed in four patches.  Yeah, English can be a bit
unfriendly at times to text reuse.  The s/It/They/ should have been
s/It is/They are/.  ;-)

							Thanx, Paul