Subject: [PATCH v2 tip/core/rcu 0/13] Sparse-related updates for 3.13

From: "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 14:29:20 -0700

Hello!

This series features updates to allow sparse to do a better job of
statically analyzing RCU usage:

1.	Apply ACCESS_ONCE() to rcu_assign_pointer()'s target to prevent
	comiler mischief.  Also require that the source pointer be from
	the kernel address space.  Sometimes it can be from the RCU address
	space, which necessitates the remaining patches in this series.
	Which, it must be admitted, apply to a very small fraction of
	the rcu_assign_pointer() invocations in the kernel.  This commit
	courtesy of Josh Triplett.

2-13.	Apply rcu_access_pointer() to avoid a number of false positives.

Changes from v1:

o	Fix grammar nit in commit logs.

							Thanx, Paul

 b/drivers/net/bonding/bond_alb.c  |    3 ++-
 b/drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c |    8 +++++---
 b/include/linux/rcupdate.h        |   12 +++++++++++-
 b/kernel/notifier.c               |    2 +-
 b/net/bridge/br_mdb.c             |    2 +-
 b/net/bridge/br_multicast.c       |    4 ++--
 b/net/decnet/dn_route.c           |    5 +++--
 b/net/ipv4/ip_sockglue.c          |    2 +-
 b/net/ipv6/ip6_gre.c              |    2 +-
 b/net/ipv6/ip6_tunnel.c           |    2 +-
 b/net/ipv6/sit.c                  |    2 +-
 b/net/mac80211/sta_info.c         |    4 ++--
 b/net/wireless/scan.c             |   14 +++++++-------
 13 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)