Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/2] netfilter: IPv4/v6 IPcomp match support

From: Pablo Neira Ayuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:05:55 +0100

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 08:18:00PM +0800, Fan Du wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> This patchset adds IPv4/v6 IPComp 'match' plugin to enables user setting
> ACTONs for IPcomp flows sepecified with SPI value.
> 
> Corresponding iptables patchset will be sent here after soon.
> 
> Fan Du (2):
>   netfilter: add IPv4 IPComp extension match support
>   netfilter: add IPv6 IPComp extension match support

This looks good, but I have to ask you to merge those two modules into
one single xt_ipcomp, they are fairly small and we can save the
overhead of having two different modules. Moreover, at quick glance I
don't see any dependency with IPv4/IPv6 exported symbols that may
cause ifdef pollution.

Please, see net/netfilter/xt_tcpudp.c as reference to rework this.
Thanks.