Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 1/4] bonding: update the primary when slave name changed

From: Veaceslav Falico <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:11:43 +0100

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 07:05:34PM +0800, Ding Tianhong wrote:
>On 2014/1/10 15:44, Veaceslav Falico wrote:
>> If it's not the primray
>> slave, and we don't have one - select it as a new primary and, again, see
>> if we need to select a new active slave.
>
>I don't think so , I think if it is not the primary slave and we don't have one,
>no need to do anything, just a normal slave change its name.

If primary == "my_eth0", you have 2 slaves - "eth0" and "eth1", thus null
primary_slave, and rename eth0 to my_eth0 - then you need to set
primary_slave to my_eth0.

If primary == "my_eth0", you have 2 slaves - "my_eth0" and "eth1", thus
primary_slave == dev with name "my_eth0", and rename "my_eth0" to "eth0" -
then you must set primary_slave to NULL.

And after either of these you must see if you need to re-select the active
slave, as it might have been forced by the primary_slave, which has been
modified.

You might also want to add some pr_info() about adding/removing
primary_slave, as the user to be aware.