Subject: [PATCH 0/2] [BUG FIXES - 3.10.27] sit: More backports

From: Steven Rostedt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:57:56 -0500

At Red Hat we base our real-time kernel off of 3.10.27 and do lots of
stress testing on that kernel. This has discovered some bugs that we
can hit with the vanilla 3.10.27 kernel (no -rt patches applied).

I sent out a bug fix that can cause a crash with the current 3.10.27
when you add and then remove the sit module. That patch is obsoleted by
these patches, as that patch was not enough.

A previous patch that was backported:

  Upstream commit 205983c43700ac3a81e7625273a3fa83cd2759b5
  sit: allow to use rtnl ops on fb tunnel

Had a depenency on commit 5e6700b3bf98 ("sit: add support of x-netns")
which was not backported. The dependency was only on part of that
commit which is what I backported.

The other upstream commit 9434266f2c645d4fcf62a03a8e36ad8075e37943
sit: fix use after free of fb_tunnel_dev

fixes another bug we encountered, it also fixes the 3.10.27 bug
where removing the sit module cause the crash. This is the patch
that obsoletes my previous patch.

-- Steve

Steven Rostedt (Red Hat) (1):
      sit: Unregister sit devices with rtnl_link_ops

Willem de Bruijn (1):
      sit: fix use after free of fb_tunnel_dev

----
 net/ipv6/sit.c | 30 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 25 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)