Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 3/6] 6lowpan: move 6lowpan.c to 6lowpan_rtnl.c

From: Alexander Aring <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:03:48 +0100

Hi Ben,

thanks for your reply.

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 01:40:52PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 16:15 +0100, Alexander Aring wrote:
> > We have a 6lowpan.c file and 6lowpan.ko file. To avoid confusing we
> > should move 6lowpan.c to 6lowpan.ko. Then we can support multiple source
> 
> You put the wrong filename here ^
> 
mhh, I meant here:

Currently we have only one-file supporting like:

obj-$(CONFIG_IEEE802154_6LOWPAN) += 6lowpan.o

It's generate a 6lowpan.ko from a 6lowpan.c file.

Now we need some multiple-file supporting and I change it to:

obj-$(CONFIG_IEEE802154_6LOWPAN) += 6lowpan.o
6lowpan-y := 6lowpan_rtnl.o reassembly.o

to generate a still the 6lowpan.ko module with object files of
6lowpan_rtnl.o (which contains mostly some rtnl callbacks implementations
now) and reassembly.o file.

It's to support multiple files for a module only.

I can't do something like:

obj-$(CONFIG_IEEE802154_6LOWPAN) += 6lowpan.o
6lowpan-y := 6lowpan.o reassembly.o

because I have the same name for 6lowpan.c and 6lowpan.ko.

Is there maybe a better solution for this?

btw.

I also detected:

obj-$(CONFIG_6LOWPAN_IPHC) += 6lowpan_iphc.o

which is a seperate module. (if you selected it as module) but this
makes no sense, we should built it in 6lowpan.ko like:

6lowpan-y := 6lowpan_rtnl.o 6lowpan_iphc.o reassembly.o

aswell.

- Alex

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Managing the Performance of Cloud-Based Applications
Take advantage of what the Cloud has to offer - Avoid Common Pitfalls.
Read the Whitepaper.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=121054471&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk