Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC net-next v1 0/9] ptp: dynamic pin control

From: Richard Cochran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:22:48 +0100

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 07:58:37AM +0100, Christian Riesch wrote:
> >I did not change the n_per_out in this series,
> 
> Why not? I think it would be a good idea to set both n_ext_ts and
> n_per_out to the correct value right from the start (8, right?).
> Christian

Yes, it is a good idea, but it is a little extra work, especially
testing it. Channels 0 and 1 must be programmed differently, IIRC.

Right now, I am focusing on:

1. getting the new ioctl interface right
2. making it work for the phyter while keeping the module params.

After that, as I said before:
 
> >but once this basic
> >support gets merged, then you will be able to increase n_per_out for
> >the dp83640 with little extra effort.

Thanks,
Richard