Subject: Re: [PATCH] 6lowpan: nuke net_ieee802154_lowpan() accessor when 6lowpan is disabled

From: Alexander Aring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 18:44:48 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:03:58PM -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> From: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof-IBi9RG/[email-masked]>
> 
> Johannes noted this is not needed, all of the fragment
> accessors don't need CONFIG_NET_NS. This goes test compiled with
> CONFIG_BT_6LOWPAN=y and a disabled CONFIG_NET_NS.
> 

a little note about this here. There exists two 6LoWPAN standard. One
for bluetooth low energy and one for IEEE 802.15.4.

The actual namespace is only for IEEE 802.15.4, because we need
fragmentation there. 6LoWPAN fragmentation for bluetooth low energy is
already handled by the MAC-Layer. So this has nothing to do with
CONFIG_BT_6LOWPAN.

- Alex

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start Your Social Network Today - Download eXo Platform
Build your Enterprise Intranet with eXo Platform Software
Java Based Open Source Intranet - Social, Extensible, Cloud Ready
Get Started Now And Turn Your Intranet Into A Collaboration Platform
http://p.sf.net/sfu/ExoPlatform