Subject: Re: [PATCH V1 net-next 1/1] hyperv: Enable sendbuf mechanism on the send path

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 01:30:59 +0300

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 10:06:24PM +0000, KY Srinivasan wrote:
> > From: Andev [mailto:[email-masked]]
> > Your use of goto exit/cleanup in some functions and returning directly on
> > errors in others could use a cleanup. Please consider doing that while you are
> > touching those files.
> 
> Will do. The most recent changes I made to netvsc.c, I think was
> consistent with the existing code; going forward we will certainly
> move towards a more consistent coding style.

It scares me when you talk about being consistent with the existing
code...  Just do it the correct way.

1) Don't do the "return ret;" if you know ret is zero.

2) Replace:
	ret = vmbus_sendpacket(...);

	return ret;
   with
  	return vmbus_sendpacket(...);

3) Don't do "goto cleanup;" when "return ret;" will suffice.  The
   do-nothing goto is misleading because you assume it will cleanup
   somthing.  Some people used to misread CodingStyle to think that all
   functions should only have one return but I have updated it so it is
   more clear.

regards,
dan carpenter