Subject: Re: [PATCH 08/24] net, diet: Make TCP metrics optional

From: Andi Kleen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 21:57:04 +0200

> Can this at least be done without the combinatorial explosion in
> number of configurations? As Yuchung pointed out these patches
> introduce at least one unresolved configuration dependency. CONFIG_SMP
> works quite well since with a single parameter we can enable/disable a
> whole bunch of functionality in bulk, and it's quite clear that new
> development cannot break smp or non-smp configurations. Maybe you want
> something similar like CONFIG_NETWORK_SMALL?

Yes I've considered this.  I'm not sure SMP is good enough though,
at some point we'll get tiny dual core systems.

>>From the 0/0:

Right now I'm using own Kconfigs for every removed features. I realize
this somewhat increases the compile test matrix. It would be possible
to hide some of the options and select them using higher level
configurations like the ones listed above. I haven't done this
in this version.
<<<

-Andi