Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] ieee802154: use helper function to get rid of redundancy

From: Jean Sacren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 08:23:17 -0600

From: Alexander Aring <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 09:26:57 +0200

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

> the at86rf230 driver supports several at86rf2xx chips. You split the
> at86rf212_set_channel which is at86rf212 specific in two function which
> are named at86rf230_foo.

I didn't "split" at86rf212_set_channel() in two functions. I spliced
those two sections of code and made at86rf212_set_channel() far
succinct and easy to read.

> Sorry, but I think we should not do this. One reason is that the code is
> much easier to read when we have one channel_set callback for at86rf23x
> and at86rf212 chips.

If you use one channel_set callback as before the change, how would you
overcome the redundancy?

> Btw. I preparing a big cleanup for this driver which supports regmap and
> asychronous handling for rx/tx paths.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm sure I will learn a lot.