Subject: pull request: wireless 2014-07-24

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 14:18:14 -0400

Dave,

Please pull this batch of fixes intended for the 3.16 stream...

For the mac80211 fixes, Johannes says:

"I have two fixes: one for tracing that fixes a long-standing NULL
pointer dereference, and one for a mac80211 issue that causes iwlmvm to
send invalid frames during authentication/association."

and,

"One more fix - for a bug in the newly introduced code that obtains rate
control information for stations."

For the iwlwifi fixes, Emmanuel says:

"It includes a merge damage fix. This region has been changed in -next
and -fixes quite a few times and apparently, I failed to handle it
properly, so here the fix.  Along with that I have a fix from Eliad
to properly handle overlapping BSS in AP mode."

On top of that, Felix provides and ath9k fix for Tx stalls that happen
after an aggregation session failure.

Please let me know if there are problems!  There are some changes
here that will cause merge conflicts in -next.  Once you merge this
I can pull it into wireless-next and resolve those issues.

John

---

The following changes since commit 2c4db12ec469b9fcdad9f6bfd6fa20e65a563ac5:

  rt2800usb: Don't perform DMA from stack (2014-07-07 15:04:34 -0400)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless.git tags/master-2014-07-23

for you to fetch changes up to c01fac1c77a00227f706a1654317023e3f4ac7f0:

  ath9k: fix aggregation session lockup (2014-07-23 13:03:11 -0400)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Eliad Peller (2):
      cfg80211: fix mic_failure tracing
      iwlwifi: mvm: pass beacons from foreign APs

Emmanuel Grumbach (1):
      iwlwifi: mvm: fix merge damage

Felix Fietkau (2):
      mac80211: fix crash on getting sta info with uninitialized rate control
      ath9k: fix aggregation session lockup

Johannes Berg (1):
      Revert "mac80211: move "bufferable MMPDU" check to fix AP mode scan"

John W. Linville (3):
      Merge git://git.kernel.org/.../jberg/mac80211
      Merge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/.../iwlwifi/iwlwifi-fixes
      Merge branch 'for-john' of git://git.kernel.org/.../jberg/mac80211

 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/xmit.c       |  9 +++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/mvm/mac-ctxt.c | 15 +++++++++++++--
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/mvm/mac80211.c |  7 -------
 net/mac80211/cfg.c                          |  5 ++++-
 net/mac80211/tx.c                           | 20 ++++++++++----------
 net/wireless/trace.h                        |  3 ++-
 6 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.