Subject: ieee802154: pull requests for ieee802154/mac802154 branches

From: Alexander Aring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:28:31 +0200

Hi,

I would like to send pull-requests for the net/ieee802154 net/mac802154
implementation.

I know that bluetooth sends pull requests to linux-wireless to avoid
merge conflicts. My question is: Which branch is the best to send pull
requests for my case. Also I like to get the permission to do that.

I can send pull requests to linux-wireless or linux-net or
linux-bluetooth.

For the linux-bluetooth option:

There exists a new branch net/6lowpan which contains shared code between
bluetooth 6LoWPAN and IEEE 802.15.4 6LoWPAN implementation. Currently
Marcel apply patches for this branch and maybe it's better that I send
pull requests to the bluetooth branch, to avoid merge conflicts with the
net/6lowpan/* implementation.

Then I would base my pull request on the bluetooth-* branches.

Or should I send the pull requests to linux-wireless? I don't know the
right option, but I think I should send pull requests to linux-wireless
and take care about "possible" merge conflicts with bluetooth.

Thanks.

- Alex