Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: sun4i-emac: fix memory leak on bad packet

From: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard-wi1+55ScJUtKEb57/[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 23:07:04 +0200

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 04:44:39PM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> Upon reception of a new frame, the emac driver checks for a number
> of error conditions, and flag the packet as "bad" if any of these
> are present. It then allocates a skb unconditionally, but only uses
> it if the packet is "good". On the error path, the skb is just forgotten,
> and the system leaks memory.
> 
> The piece of junk I have on my desk seems to encounter such error
> frequently enough so that the box goes OOM after a couple of days,
> which makes me grumpy.
> 
> Fix this by moving the allocation on the "good_packet" path (and
> convert it to netdev_alloc_skb while we're at it).
> 
> Tested on a random Allwinner A20 board.
> 
> Cc: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard-wi1+55ScJUtKEb57/[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]> # 3.11+
> Signed-off-by: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>

Acked-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard-wi1+55ScJUtKEb57/[email-masked]>

Thanks!
Maxime

-- 
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com