Subject: Re: [PATCH v10 net-next 2/2] net: filter: split filter.h and expose eBPF to user space

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 07:23:29 +0200

* Alexei Starovoitov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I don't think the speed up of the llvm submission is a good 
> > argument, this sounds to me similar to the "please apply this 
> > patch that reserves this new netlink family in 
> > include/linux/netlink.h, I promise this new subsystem will be 
> > submitted soon though. Meanwhile this will speed up 
> > submission of my userspace software to distributions for 
> > packaging" argument.
> 
> You're not correct here. I'm not saying 'I promise it will be 
> submitted'. There _were_ already submitted. [...]

And this split-up smaller submissions was requested by David 
Miller, the networking maintainer, so if Pablo wants another 
submission format, he needs to take it up with David - we can't 
do both at once obviously.

Thanks,

	Ingo