Subject: Tool: netperf-wrapper and qdisc bulking

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:40:46 +0200

I going to use the tool called: "netperf-wrapper", for testing my qdisc
bulking patches.  It is very useful for network measurements, that
involves running multiple concurrent instances of testing tools
(primarily netperf and ping)

For others to get easily started using this tool, I've written a mini-tutorial:
 http://netoptimizer.blogspot.dk/2014/09/mini-tutorial-for-netperf-wrapper-setup.html

I'm currently using it for testing the Head-of-Line blocking issues
that bulking packets from the qdisc layer can possibly cause.

For that I've added an extra test called "tcp_upload_prio":
 https://github.com/tohojo/netperf-wrapper/commit/1e6b755e8051b6

More detail on these test results will follow (likely next week)

-- 
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer
  MSc.CS, Sr. Network Kernel Developer at Red Hat
  Author of http://www.iptv-analyzer.org
  LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brouer