Subject: Re: [PATCH] staging: r8821ae: Remove driver from staging

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:05:19 -0400

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 08:39:51PM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
> A new version of this driver has been merged into the wireless-testing tree
> as commit 21e4b0726dc671c423e2dc9a85364716219c4502. It is both possible and
> desirable to delete the staging version to avoid build errors in linux-next.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Larry Finger <[email-masked]>
> ---
> 
> Greg,
> 
> This removal patch was generated after commit 368c75b98bdfdfad54e7f165016819ef344e3587.
> It should apply to your tree unless further modifications have been made to
> the staging driver.

Something is odd with this patch, it doesn't apply, even against that
commit id:
Applying: staging: r8821ae: Remove driver from staging
error: patch failed: drivers/staging/rtl8821ae/btcoexist/HalBtc8812a1Ant.c:1
error: drivers/staging/rtl8821ae/btcoexist/HalBtc8812a1Ant.c: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 staging: r8821ae: Remove driver from staging
The copy of the patch that failed is found in:
   /home/gregkh/linux/work/staging/.git/rebase-apply/patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

Can you refresh against the staging-next branch of staging.git and try it
again?  Or I can just delete it "by hand" which is fine with me, and might be
easier fro you, just let me know.

thanks,

greg k-h