Subject: Re: [PATCH net 0/5] Implement ndo_gso_check() for vxlan nics

From: Joe Stringer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 17:06:46 -0800

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 04:38:25PM -0500, David Miller wrote:
> From: Or Gerlitz <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 23:32:44 +0200
> 
> > but fact is that the proposed patch series has the --same-- helper for
> > four drivers, so why not start with a that limited helper which would
> > be picked up by these drivers and we'll take it from there.
> 
> I'm in favor of the helper, duplication is error prone.
> 
> And in fact, any differences a driver ends up needing might be
> integratable into the helper.

My impression was that the changes are more likely to be
hardware-specific (like the i40e changes) rather than software-specific,
like changes that might be integrated into the helper.

That said, I can rework for one helper. The way I see it would be the
same code as these patches, as "vxlan_gso_check(struct sk_buff *)" in
drivers/net/vxlan.c which would be called from each driver. Is that what
you had in mind?