Subject: Re: [patch net-next v2 00/10] introduce rocker switch driver with hardware accelerated datapath api - phase 1: bridge fdb offload

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:44:14 +0900

[snip]

> Simon, if your feeling adventurous any feedback on the repo link
> would be great. I still need to smash the commit log into something
> coherent though at the moment you can see all the errors and rewrites,
> etc as I made them.

Hi John,

here is some preliminary feedback:

* I notice that the parse graph code isn't present yet.
  I suppose this is a difficult piece that naturally follows many
  other piece. None the less it is possibly the piece of most
  interest to me :-)

* Will del and update flows require flows to already exist?
  And similarly, will add flow require flows with the same match to not
  already exist?  If so, the error handling seems tricky of more than one
  flow is to be deleted/updated. IIRC there was some discussion of that
  kind of issue at the (double) round table discussion on the last day of
  LPC14 in Düsseldorf.

* Should the .node_count value of ixgbe_table_node_l2 be 3?
  ixgbe_table_graph_nodes has three elements but perhaps you
  are intentionally excluding the last element ixgbe_table_node_nil?