Subject: Re: [PATCH net] gso: do GSO for local skb with size bigger than MTU

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 19:34:01 +0200

On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 05:09:27PM +0000, Thomas Graf wrote:
> On 12/02/14 at 01:48pm, Flavio Leitner wrote:
> > What about containers or any other virtualization environment that
> > doesn't use Virtio?
> 
> The host can dictate the MTU in that case for both veth or OVS
> internal which would be primary container plumbing techniques.

It typically can't do this easily for VMs with emulated devices:
real ethernet uses a fixed MTU.

IMHO it's confusing to suggest MTU as a fix for this bug, it's
an unrelated optimization.
ICMP_DEST_UNREACH/ICMP_FRAG_NEEDED is the right fix here.

> ivshmem would need it's own fix.
_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/dev