Subject: Re: [RFC iproute2] tc: Show classes in tree view

From: Vadim Kochan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 18:46:20 +0200

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 08:44:30AM -0800, Cong Wang wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 3:43 AM, Vadim Kochan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > From: Vadim Kochan <[email-masked]>
> >
> > Added new '-t[ree]' which shows classes dependency
> > in the tree view.
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Vadim Kochan <[email-masked]>
> 
> A sample output would convince people more easily.

Yeah, good point:

# tc/tc -t class show dev tap0
+---1:2(htb) rate 6Mbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
|   +---1:40(htb) prio 0 rate 5Mbit ceil 5Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1600b 
|   +---1:50(htb) prio 0 rate 3Mbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
|   +---1:60(htb) prio 0 rate 1Kbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
|   
+---1:1(htb) rate 6Mbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
    +---1:10(htb) prio 0 rate 5Mbit ceil 5Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1600b 
    +---1:20(htb) prio 0 rate 3Mbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
    +---1:30(htb) prio 0 rate 1Kbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 

# tc/tc -t -s class show dev tap0
+---1:2(htb) rate 6Mbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
|   |        Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
|   |        rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0 
|   |
|   +---1:40(htb) prio 0 rate 5Mbit ceil 5Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1600b 
|   |             Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
|   |             rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0 
|   |    
|   +---1:50(htb) prio 0 rate 3Mbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
|   |             Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
|   |             rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0 
|   |    
|   +---1:60(htb) prio 0 rate 1Kbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
|                 Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
|                 rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0 
|   
+---1:1(htb) rate 6Mbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
    |        Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
    |        rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0 
    |
    +---1:10(htb) prio 0 rate 5Mbit ceil 5Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1600b 
    |             Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
    |             rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0 
    |    
    +---1:20(htb) prio 0 rate 3Mbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
    |             Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
    |             rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0 
    |    
    +---1:30(htb) prio 0 rate 1Kbit ceil 6Mbit burst 15Kb cburst 1599b 
                  Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
                  rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0