Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: ethernet: cpsw: ignore VLAN ID 1

From: Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 16:04:10 -0600

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 04:59:11PM -0500, David Miller wrote:
> From: Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 14:31:19 -0600
> 
> > What you're saying here is that you prefer to drop a feature that works
> > for all other 1023 IDs because 1 ID is quirky. Sounds like overkill
> > to me.
> 
> The other option is to software fallback only for VLAN 1.

now we're talking. Keep in mind, however, that this IP runs on mere
single-core cortex A8 and single-core cortex A9 devices which already
have somewhat of a hard-time keeping up with the non-accelerated
checksum calculations. But fair enough, if that's the way to go, it is
the way to go.

cheers

-- 
balbi