Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 3/4] can: kvaser_usb: Add support for the Usbcan-II family

From: "Ahmed S. Darwish" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 06:20:33 -0500

Hi Marc,

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 03:36:12PM -0500, Ahmed S. Darwish wrote:
> From: Ahmed S. Darwish <[email-masked]>
> 
> CAN to USB interfaces sold by the Swedish manufacturer Kvaser are
> divided into two major families: 'Leaf', and 'UsbcanII'.  From an
> Operating System perspective, the firmware of both families behave
> in a not too drastically different fashion.
> 
> This patch adds support for the UsbcanII family of devices to the
> current Kvaser Leaf-only driver.
> 
> CAN frames sending, receiving, and error handling paths has been
> tested using the dual-channel "Kvaser USBcan II HS/LS" dongle. It
> should also work nicely with other products in the same category.
> 

Please delay applying this to as I've just discovered that
removal of two of the device family checks introduced two
un-necessary GCC warnings.

Will send and updated version soon.

Thanks,
Darwish