Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/17] IB/Verbs: IB Management Helpers

From: Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe-ePGOBjL8dl3ta4EC/59zMFaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 09:51:45 -0600

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 02:41:18PM +0200, Michael Wang wrote:
 
> I think no one can have the access to all these hardware, so we can
> only depends on those who accidentally have one to help the testing,
> but it's still far from that stage..

I have seen other patches in this style use the compiler to do the
check, if the patch doesn't change the compiled output then it is
obviously OK.

Some careful use of macros might make that possible, but it is a fair
amount of work.

However, that may be the only way to get something this invasive
applied, especially since we've already seen mistakes in the manual
transforms :|

Jason
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html