Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] ip: Add color output option

From: Mathias Nyman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 13:22:58 +0300

On 2015-04-17 19:26+0200, Daniel Borkmann wrote:
>On 04/17/2015 06:44 PM, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
>>On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 04:02:02PM +0300, Mathias Nyman wrote:
>>>It is hard to quickly find what you are looking for in the output of the ip
>>>command. Color helps.
>>>
>>>This patch adds a '-c' flag to highlight these with individual colors:
>>>   - interface name
>>>   - ip addresse
>>>   - mac addresse
>>>   - up/down state
>>
>>idea looks good, but the patch doesn't apply at all, since it's
>>whitespace damaged. Also there is no SOB.

First timer; the v2 should fix these.

>You also might want to move the library bits into lib/ so that
>not only ip but also other tools could use it in future. So -c
>is neither taken in ip nor in tc or ss, that's good. ;)
>

I don't understand what you mean by "-c is neither taken in ip nor in
tc or ss". I am not finding a common place where to handle the -color
flag for ip, tc and ss, if that's what you mean. The common color.c is
under lib/ in v2 though.

Thanks for super fast feedback guys!