Subject: Re: [PATCH -next 0/5] replace skb tc_verd member with 3 dedicated bit flags

From: Florian Westphal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 13:47:33 +0200

Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Initial feedback on the series:
> - Can you keep the macros around? eg SET_TC_NCLS is more readable
> than skb->tc_nocls = 1 also hides the bit details.

I beg to differ, sorry :-/

We use blah:1 everywhere else in sk_buff, only tc is different and
its not obvious (to me) how tc_verd is being used and for what.

Or are you saying that should redefine SET_TC_NCLS to something like

#define SET_TC_NCLS(skb)	(skb)->tc_nocls = 1

?

> I think the ones that are no longer needed should just be deleted
> as opposed to what you and Alexei did earlier.

Fair enough, I can do that.

> - We need two bits for the location (ingress, egress, from stack)
> from stack being 0 i.e when it is not set implicitly it is from the
> host stack then we can check for ingress or egress when we choose.

Hmm, are you sure?  How is that used?

In fact ifb will BUG() if neither AT_INGRESS or AT_EGRESS was set
in G_TC_FROM().

Thanks for reviewing!