Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v6 14/23] bridge: restore br_setlink back to original

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 21:00:32 +0200

Sat, May 09, 2015 at 07:40:16PM CEST, [email-masked] wrote:
>From: Scott Feldman <[email-masked]>
>
>Restore br_setlink back to original and don't call into SELF port driver.
>rtnetlink.c:bridge_setlink() already does a call into port driver for SELF.
>
>bridge set link cmd defaults to MASTER.  From man page for bridge link set
>cmd:
>
>       self   link setting is configured on specified physical device
>
>       master link setting is configured on the software bridge (default)
>
>The link setting has two values: the device-side value and the software
>bridge-side value.  These are independent and settable using the bridge
>link set cmd by specifying some combination of [master] | [self].
>Futhermore, the device-side and bridge-side settings have their own initial
>value, viewable from bridge -d link show cmd.
>
>Restoring br_setlink back to original makes rocker (the only in-kernel user
>of SELF link settings) work as first implement: two-sided values.
>
>It's true that when both MASTER and SELF are specified from the command,
>two netlink notifications are generated, one for each side of the settings.
>The user-space app can distiquish between the two notifications by
>observing the MASTER or SELF flag.

This is revert of:

commit 68e331c785b85b78f4155e2ab6f90e976b609dc1
Author: Roopa Prabhu <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Jan 29 22:40:14 2015 -0800

    bridge: offload bridge port attributes to switch asic if feature flag set

Noting that because I want to make sure everybody is ok with new
behaviour. I tend to like it more.

Maybe you can include del part into this patch and mark is clearly as a
revert.

anyway:
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>