Subject: pktgen scripts

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 15:02:37 +0200

Hi Alexei,

I've cleaned up my pktgen scripts[1].  Do you think we should add them
instead of the sample scripts in "samples/pktgen/pktgen.conf-*" ?

The main difference is I'm replacing the "pgset" with functions not
needing global variable $PGDEV.  Three new functions reflect pktgen's
different components:
 * pg_ctrl()   control "pgctrl" (/proc/net/pktgen/pgctrl)
 * pg_thread() control the kernel threads and binding to devices
 * pg_set()    control setup of individual devices

I've named the sample scripts: "pktgen_sample{01,02,03}_desc.sh" in-order
to suggest a reading order.
I've also added a script named: "pktgen_bench_xmit_mode_netif_receive.sh"
which is basically your ingress benchmarking script.

[1] https://github.com/netoptimizer/network-testing/tree/master/pktgen
-- 
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer
  MSc.CS, Sr. Network Kernel Developer at Red Hat
  Author of http://www.iptv-analyzer.org
  LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brouer