Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 for-next 03/12] IB/core: Find the network namespace matching connection parameters

From: Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe-ePGOBjL8dl3ta4EC/59zMFaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 12:26:16 -0600

> +	list_for_each_entry_rcu(client, &client_list, list)
> +		if (client->get_net_device_by_port_pkey_ip) {
> +			ret = client->get_net_device_by_port_pkey_ip(dev, port,
> +								     pkey,
> +
> addr);

Considering the patch that introduced the rwsem, this doesn't look
right.

We can't call a client call back on a device that is unregistered, we
can't call a client call back on a client that is unregistering.

So the ordering of the list_del/add vs call back calls in device.c is
not right, please audit everything with an eye toward maintaing sane
invarients.

Jason
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html