Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] x86: remove vmalloc.h from asm/io.h

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:21:05 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Nothing in asm/io.h uses anything from vmalloc.h, so remove the include
> and fix up the build problems in an allmodconfig (64 bit and 32 bit)
> build.
> 
> This may be the place where x86 builds get vmalloc.h implicitly included
> and that tends to hide places where vmalloc() et al are added to files
> but the include of vmalloc.h is forgotten.

Good idea.

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>

> Based in Linus' tree of today.
> 
> There are probably more places that need vmalloc.h included, but this passes 64 
> bit and 32 bit allmodconfig builds, so is a place to start.

Please also test x86 allnoconfig and defconfig 32/64, that tends to unearth the 
remaining places. People doing randconfig testing will find the rest.

Thanks,

	Ingo