Subject: dhcp nfsroot booting failure on bb white

From: Alexander Aring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 10:36:53 +0200

Hi,

my beaglebone (white edition) fails to boot via dhcp and nfsroot. The
last messages which I see are:

...
[    2.970593] Sending DHCP requests .
[    5.996876] cpsw 4a100000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 100Mbps/Full -
flow control off

then it stucks forever. I reverted the recently cpsw patches:

32a7432c0fb8b0117961bdc7ab256667d039de16 ("drivers: net: cpsw: add
separate napi for tx")

d354eb85d61803e07831b68d1985cd9cfe2f8b59 ("drivers: net: cpsw:
dual_emac: simplify napi usage")

870915feabdc3af5f0ebb72d1fcf96bff01837b0 ("drivers: net: cpsw: remove
disable_irq/enable_irq as irq can be masked from cpsw itself")

I did a test after each revert, I finally figured out that after reverting
the last patch:

870915feabdc3af5f0ebb72d1fcf96bff01837b0 ("drivers: net: cpsw: remove
disable_irq/enable_irq as irq can be masked from cpsw itself")

it worked again to boot via dhcp nfsroot.

My bootparameters are:

commandline: console=ttyO0,115200n8 console=ttyO0,115200n8 ip=dhcp
root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=$IP:$NFS_EXPORT,v3,tcp

- Alex