Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/4] Add correlated clocksource deriving system time from an auxiliary clocksource

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 12:04:11 +0200

* Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Sep 2015, Hall, Christopher S wrote:
> > > Right, but we still do not know how that is going to be used. And
> > > that's the key question. As long as that is not answered all can do is
> > > wild guessing.
> > 
> > It's not wild guessing.  We do have it working on other OSs and have a pretty 
> > good idea of how it will work.  The DSP firmware will be largely identical for 
> > Linux.  I think now, we have a chicken and egg problem.
> 
> You have a totally different problem. You are just refusing to explain how all 
> that stuff is supposed to work and what kind of functionality you need exactly.

Yeah, so I'm just going to NAK this until things are improved:

   NAKed-by: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>

it's not like we are overly bored in timekeeping and need the extra complexity as 
much as possible.

Proper, comprehensive, proactive technical description is needed, with proper 
changelogs, not just half-baked notes. If all that is fixed I'll lift my NAK.

Thanks,

	Ingo