Subject: ATL1E 0000:02:00.0: swiotlb buffer is full (sz: 529461 bytes)

From: Markus Trippelsdorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 08:51:55 +0200

With the current Linus git tree I get an occasional swiotlb allocation
error during network setup at boot-time:

 ATL1E 0000:02:00.0: swiotlb buffer is full (sz: 529461 bytes)
 swiotlb: coherent allocation failed for device 0000:02:00.0 size=529461
 CPU: 0 PID: 200 Comm: ifconfig Not tainted 4.2.0-11400-gdfb22fc5c0eb-dirty #113
 Hardware name: System manufacturer System Product Name/M4A78T-E, BIOS 3503    04/13/2011
  00000000ffffffff ffffffff812b8d33 ffffffffffffffff ffffffff812da574
  ffffffff00000008 ffff880216827000 ffff880216827740 ffff880216af0000
  0000000000081435 ffffffff81c163c0 ffff880216b1b800 ffffffff814e3b1d
 Call Trace:
  [<ffffffff812b8d33>] ? dump_stack+0x40/0x6d
  [<ffffffff812da574>] ? swiotlb_alloc_coherent+0x134/0x160
  [<ffffffff814e3b1d>] ? atl1e_open+0xfd/0x460
  [<ffffffff815ddfa2>] ? __dev_open+0x82/0x100
  [<ffffffff815de271>] ? __dev_change_flags+0x91/0x160
  [<ffffffff815de35e>] ? dev_change_flags+0x1e/0x60
  [<ffffffff815d9b14>] ? dev_get_by_name_rcu+0x54/0x80
  [<ffffffff8164c256>] ? devinet_ioctl+0x5d6/0x6a0
  [<ffffffff815c418d>] ? sock_ioctl+0xed/0x1e0
  [<ffffffff811258b1>] ? do_vfs_ioctl+0x291/0x480
  [<ffffffff81063940>] ? __do_page_fault+0x140/0x380
  [<ffffffff81125ad6>] ? SyS_ioctl+0x36/0x80
  [<ffffffff8106a297>] ? entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x12/0x66
 ATL1E 0000:02:00.0 eth0: pci_alloc_consistent failed, size = D529461

This happens every forth or fifth boot, so the issue is not bisectable.

-- 
Markus