Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: Fix vti use case with oif in dst lookups

From: Steffen Klassert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:21:14 +0200

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 03:10:50PM -0700, David Ahern wrote:
> Steffen reported that the recent change to add oif to dst lookups breaks
> the VTI use case. The problem is that with the oif set in the flow struct
> the comparison to the nh_oif is triggered. Fix by splitting the
> FLOWI_FLAG_VRFSRC into 2 flags -- one that triggers the vrf device cache
> bypass (FLOWI_FLAG_VRFSRC) and another telling the lookup to not compare
> nh oif (FLOWI_FLAG_SKIP_NH_OIF).
> 
> Fixes: 42a7b32b73d6 ("xfrm: Add oif to dst lookups")
> 
> Signed-off-by: David Ahern <[email-masked]>

This works, thanks a lot for the quick fix!

> ---
> IPv6 does not show this problem for me. So no change is added for IPv6.
> If your mileage varies let me know and I'll take another look.

IPv6 works just fine as it is, so no change needed.

Acked-by: Steffen Klassert <[email-masked]>