Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/9] Phy, mdiobus, and netdev struct device fixes

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 23:57:31 +0200

...

> While looking at the DSA code, I noticed we have a
> of_find_net_device_by_node(), and it looks like users of that are
> similarly buggy - it looks like net/dsa/dsa.c is the only user.  Fix
> that too.

...
 
> The mdiobus code also suffered from the same kind of leak, but thankfully
> this only happened in one place - the mdio-mux code.

Hi Russell

I tested both of these with my board. It is a Freescale Vybrid, using
the FEC ethernet driver, and i have three switches attached, using
mdio-mux to give three mdio busses.

No obvious regressions, my board boots, the switches are all present
and correct. I built the FEC driver as a module, and it won't unload:

 kernel:unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth1 to become free. Usage count = 1
unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth1 to become free. Usage count = 1

i assume because DSA holds a reference. I've not tried a fully module
build, DSA has issues with that.

Tested-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>

Thanks
	Andrew