Subject: Re: [PATCH net] openvswitch: Fix egress tunnel info.

From: Jiri Benc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 20:45:58 +0200

On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 11:28:08 -0700, Pravin Shelar wrote:
> What do you have in mind? I do not see way to fix this issue in vport-*.c.

It seems to me that e.g. the code you have in vxlan_egress_tun_info in
drivers/net/vxlan.c can be put into vxlan_get_egress_tun_info in
net/openvswitch/vport-vxlan.c. vport->dev is guaranteed to be vxlan,
and the current code accesses netdev_priv(dev) as struct vxlan_dev
anyway.

This would of course not work if we created lwtunnel interface from the
ovs user space. But that's not going to happen with kernel 4.3, we'll
need a way to query datapath for features it supports for this to work
- there's currently no useful way to determine whether the kernel
supports metadata based vxlan or not. I'm working on a patch to query
the datapath for the supported features but that's for net-next. Thus
I think we're safe.

 Jiri

-- 
Jiri Benc