Subject: Re: simplify configfs attributes V2

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:54:33 +0200

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 02:37:05PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > This series consolidates the code to implement configfs attributes
> > by providing the ->show and ->store method in common code and using
> > container_of in the methods to access the containing structure.
> > 
> > This reduces source and binary size of configfs consumers a lot.
> 
> There's a version of this patch series (I assume V1) in linux-next via
> Nicholas's tree so my hands are tied.  I trust that Nicholas will
> update things.
> 
> Or maybe it was a slipup - modifying usb, ocfs2 etc from the iscsi tree
> is innovative ;)

Nic wanted this as the target code is the biggest user of configfs.
I don't really care where it goes as long as we get in the current version
into a stable not to be rebased branch somehwere so that all consumers
can use that as a base point.

Nic, can you do that?  A lot of previous work went in through Andrew, but I
think -mm is still a quilt stack so the stable base branch wouldn't be
possible that way.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-usb" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html