Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 02/10] ss: created formatters for json and hr

From: Phil Sutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:05:23 +0100

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:57:28PM +0100, Matthias Tafelmeier wrote:
> >> Those resentments were related to the patchsets complexity and
> >> size.
> > 
> > I didn't see any problem with that in the first place. It is indeed
> > a big change, achieving something like that without a big patch set
> > is unlikely.
> > 
> 
> Fine, I was just repounding that since Steven Hemminger raised that.
> My reasoning here is that I just don't want to kick off restarting
> work whith objections still in the minds – since we are already at V7
> now.

Yeah, sorry for not having looked into this earlier. Also, I neither
have nor claim any power of veto. Apart from that, I'm not against this
patch series in general, just trying to help raise it's quality a bit.
Eventually, we don't set anything in stone so everything can be
fixed/improved later on. Except Git history of course, which is
important to get right in relation to bisecting.

Cheers, Phil